Sunday, April 18, 2010

Farm life wouldn’t be for me.

Mucking stalls= never.

My dogs poop about 5 lbs each week, I’m convinced. And it’s gross. I have this nifty little pooper scooper, I recommend it to anyone and everyone that has to pick up this stuff. It won’t make it any more fun but it sure does make it easier!

E’s b-day was great. We had sushi at this little place called Jun, they have a sushi happy hour, which wasn’t that easy to find. Then we came back to the house for gifts and coconut cream pie, I made from SCRATCH…! E didn’t know that means, so if you don’t it means I started with nuthin, just flour, eggs, coconut and cream. I’m exactly sure I did it right but it ended up tasting pretty awesome so it couldn’t be too off!

SAM_0195

Last but not least on Friday night we made this awesome chicken! I recommend it, especially if you like tequila and grilled stuff! It’s called drunken grilled chicken, we ate it like fajitas with guacamole and lime cilantro rice!

1/2 gold tequila

2Tbsp triple sec

1 cup lime juice

2 cloves of minced garlic

1 fresh Jalapeno  seeded and minced(I left this out)

2tsp salt

1tsp fresh ground pepper

1tbsp minced cilantro

1 tbsp chili powder

mix all ingredients and marinade over night or all day. sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper then grill! after you grill left them rest for 5 minutes so the juice goes back into the chicken.

You can also use shrimp skewers! yum!

This Betty Crocker kick all started when I finally got all my good kitchen stuff out of storage with this PCS and I have to say I’m enjoying it :)!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment