Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Most Interesting Day

So I love kids. I always have and I’m sure I always will. However I am now positive I NEVER want more than 1 of any single age. No multiples, no not ever. And I am very happy with my choice to teach middle school.

Why?

SAM_0193

Kaden and his chocolate milk face (he keeps it on 18 hours a day for the most part)

Today I substituted for my nephew’s pre school class. I had 11 (yes 11!) 3 and 4 year olds under my foot all day long. It was interesting, and tiring!

Anyone who thinks being a preschool teacher is a piece of cake is crazy! It is not mentally challenging. Anyone with a high school diploma could do the work, however the hard part is reminding yourself that you need patience, kind words, lots of encouragement and to check the sarcasm at the door! haha.

Anyone who actually knows me in person knows I tend to drip with sarcasm. My teaching style is pretty laid back (I like to and can get away with sitting on a desk while teaching an entire day.)

Unlike most teachers these ladies are super woman, I’m sure of it. They must take 100 vitamins or have red bull running through their veins. The longest break we got all day long was 30 minutes, mine was cut to 20. Not that I minded too much, but day in and day out this would get old fast.

The smiling faces made it worth the day, however the tears and poopy bottoms that still needed to be wiped made it not worth a career change in my book :) still an interesting adventure I *might* do  again!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the award! It's so nice to have new readers, I was beginning to think only my aunt and my mother-in-law read my blog. Hope you have a nice weekend and your husband gets home soon!

    ReplyDelete