Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Love Dare

So today I was reading the “Faith Deployed” facebook page adn there was a link (somewhere on the page…don’'t ask me where I just found it!) and it was to the 40 days of the Deployment Dare.

I don’t know how many people have read the Love Dare or seen the movie but it is one of my favorite movies! Now don’t jump to conclusions, there is absoluuuuutly nothing wrong with my marriage. We get along like peas and carrots, most days. And we have never brought ourselves to the point of knock down drag out anger. We’re pretty good about solving problems before they get that far, really before they can get any further than a disagreement :). However I rented this movie a few months ago and watched it by myself because I heard it was good, and except for the fact it made me cry for about 30 mintues it was SUCH a powerful movie.

It does have a very strong christian influence, which in my opinion really backed up the story and made me fall in like even more!

Anyways! The 40 day deployment dare, is how to carry out the love dare while your spouse is on deployment, it’s a practical application for a time when your significant other is away and things don’t seem to look up, at all. Now obviously E isn’t on deployment yet but I still miss him and today was one of those days where it just felt terrible. Today felt like it would never end, it’s only Tuesday, there are 4+ weeks to go (thank you! hehe!) and all I wanted was E home and with me and (selfishly enough) doing things with me!

When I read the first post I felt like it was for me. It was all about patience with some verses that spoke to me. I’m not going to do the dare, just yet, because I don’t feel I’m in a place where I need to. BUT it is encouraging nonetheless….so GO take a look!

P.S…..what do you think of this font?

No comments:

Post a Comment