Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tastey Theater ? Tuesday!!!

Today I went by myself, yes all alone, to watch The Proposal while Eric was at work. Let me just say, it's not Sandra Bullocks funniest movie but it was very cute! I would recommend it for any girls night however I would not subject the husbands out there to it, it would not win him over to the chick flick side!!

Movies I am looking forward to seeing:
1. Julie and Julia
2. Extract
3.The Time Travellers Wife
4. The Goods: Sell Hard Live Hard
5. Post Grad6. All About Steve
7. The Ugly Truthand since I can't do things in odds...
8. Love Happens (love love love Jennifer Aniston!!)


Ok so being the homemaker I am I've been trying out new recipes on my new husband :) Poor guy, thankfully nothing has been horrible and he eats every last bit I put in front of him. The key is to listen for how many times he says it's good, if it's more than once and he makes no suggestions on how to "improve the meal" then that means it's a winner. So here it goes!!!





Last night we had Spaghetti and Meatballs!!! hahah. Ok so I've never made meatballs before, this time I did it from scratch, and it wasn't too hard...here is my recipe, if you have a better one please share but this was over all pretty darn delish!

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 tsp minced garlic
1 slice of white onion minced
1.5 lbs of ground beef
1.5 cans of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 tsp olive oil
1 package of your favorite spaghetti ( I always use angel hair, it's just my favorite!)

Mix egg, garlic, minced onion, ground beef and 1 tbsp of spaghetti sauce (you can use a spoon, but it's much more fun and easier with your hands!!!). Form beef into golf ball size mounds (my suggestion you can use any size you like). In a frying pan pour the tsp of olive oil and heat, add the meat balls, moving around until brown (spatchula works best, the balls tend to fall apart if you use tongs). Once all meatballs are browned add your speghetti sauce cooking for 15 -20 mintues or until meatballs are cooked all the way through.

Cook spaghetti to your liking, and add meatball mixture to top!!

If you actually use the whole 1/2 lb of ground beef you will have more than enough to make meatball subs out of the leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment