Friday, August 21, 2009

Delayed post

Soooo I keeep trying to upload my pictures but Blogger doesn't seem to want to let me. I tried about four times last night and again this morning but to no avail. Maybe later today. Yesterday I had some great finds for under $20! hopefully I get to uplaod the pictures to show everyone.


On another note, please don't get me wrong, I love children, I look forward to having children one day, sooner rather than later. I will never be one of those people who says "I believe in birth control" when I hear a screaming child. However I don't think we should hear screaming children everywhere!Yesterday I was in Hobby Lobby, the craft store we all know and love, and this child was just screaming! Not crying, not moaning, screaming bloody murder about something his mom wouldn't let him do or buy. It was a full blown temper tantrum, mom just ignored him. I have a really big problem with this, I understand it may be your way of dealing with the problem but I find it very rude to the rest of the world. Am I crazy? Is this really an effective way to deal with the problem? Now on Sunday at mass, whew, let me tell you the priest was very kind in not saying anything. Back where we come from father would have stopped right in the middle of what he was doing and asked the mother to make a trip to the good old cry room! This small child screamed, in the middle of church (!) until after communion, a good 30 mintues, and mother just ignroed him! I believe there is a time and place for this kind of treatment and it is not in the presence of every person in town!
My mother always taught me with my neices and nephews that if the child starts to scream and won't stop after the first time you just leave. You don't need anything that bad,especially hobby items, but raising a well behaved child should be one of your foremost goals in life.
In other news, yet again, I don't understand by E's platoon is kept later every single night than any of the other platoons in his unit. His cadre just won't ever let them go. It's like some sort of cruel joke or something. They will intentionally leave everyone outside, waiting for hours, for nothing...I know I know it's his job, but really...8pm is ridiculous when everyone else has gone home at 3...I would be a little more understanding if I knew he was actually working.
Sorry just my little rant! Does this sort of thing bother anyone else? I know I don't have kids,and this is the life I signed up for I'll just have to ask God for a little more patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment