Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Whew!! What a weekend!!!

Ok so I just now catching up after the incredibly busy weekend!!! Mom and Dad arrived late Thursday night. We had so much fun I was so sad to see them go on Tuesday morning.



We spent most of the day on Friday touring post and Columbus. We took The parents to the PX and to eat at the food court. hahah this sounds so silly but it's great that they got to see what our lives are like. Friday night we went to this really cool event, the Hot Air Balloon Festival at Callaway Gardens. I had no idea what to expect and it was so much better than anything I could have planned! None of us has ever seen a real live hot air balloon, the festival was just starting and all of the people who own balloons brought them and blew them up, as the sun went down they used their torches (the hot air) to light up their balloons and put on a show for us all!! It was AHHHHHMAZING! and it was free for all of the Military and up to 5 guests.




Saturday we took mom and dad to Atlanta, I love Atlanta it is one of my new favorite places and it helps that there are a lot of fun things to do! First we started the day at the Atlanta State Aquarium, fun!! There were sooooooo many people and bunches of fish! I would recommend it to anyone, but a weekday might be a better idea. After that we walked around the down town area, since Saturday was the SEC football kick off there were people everywhere!!! Things that were going on in Atlanta:

Britney Spears Concert
Nascar Race
GA/Bama football game
Aquarium
Braves game...

a very busy city to say the least.
Later we took a spin around the Atlanta Underground, a neat little mall and shopping area, next we stopped at Lenox Square mall, by the time we finished all of this we were beat and had to head home.

Sunday was a restful day, we just hung out at home, the boys watched some NFL football while mom and I hit up Target. Monday we went out to Lunch at Cannon Brew Pub YUUUUUM! and then did the mall thing.

We had such a great time!! I was defiantly sad to see my parents leave! I've started counting down the days until I get to go home, I can't wait to see my friends and home ahhh patience is a virtue....

Tomorrow is my very first FRG meeting!! I don't know quiet what to expect but I can't help but be a little excited. The next few weeks are packed full of fun things to do and see I have a feeling the rest of the training period is going to fly by!!







No comments:

Post a Comment