Monday, January 4, 2010

Round and Round We go!!!

E! has officially started Ranger school again. He wasn't ready to go back but it was time to get the darn thing over with!

So one of the things I had to tell him was that our little puppy Bevo had died. It was the first time I had ever had a dog die. The second time for him. The poor little thing came down with pneumonia on our way from Georgia to Texas. He wouldn't eat or drink and was having a hard time breathing. I took him to an emergency animal hospital in Lafayette and they ended up having to put him down since he was just wasting away. I was devastated, bawling in the vets office calling my mom trying to figure out what to do, we couldn't afford the medical bills to treat him extensively and I didn't want to put him down if there was a chance. So in the end I surrendered him to the vet and she treated him until it was hopeless.When I told Eric the news he said it was ok that we would get another dog one day....little did I know my mom had planned to surprise me with a puppy upon hearing Bevo was gone! She found a soldier at Fort Hood that was getting ready to deploy and needed a new home for her little Shih Tzu Poodle mix and so I ended up with the perfect lap dog, Tux. Hopefully this will be the last dog we get for a very long time.




Tux



Talley and Tux
Hoping everything goes as planned with E's ranger school and we will be moving on to Colorado by Valentine's day!!! YAY! the next few weeks are going to fly by and we'll be busier than ever! Thank goodness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment